Case Studies

Case studies giving some examples of Parkinsonís disease being alleviated using a bioactive whey protein isolate.

Case #1

Wally, a seventy-four year-old baseball fan, was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in May 1997. His disease progressed quickly and his doctors placed him on Sinemet (carbidopa/levodopa).

In November he began to experience severe headaches - presumably from the medication - and he discontinued it. Up to this point he had been a very active man, but now he deteriorated to the point where he could not get out of bed or even rise from a chair without help. He says movement felt like 'walking in cement.'

He was constantly fatigued and soon needed a wheelchair to go outdoors. The doctors used other medications including Eldepryl (selegiline hydrochloride) and Requip (ropinirole hydrochloride). They helped slightly.

In March 1998 he started taking a bioactive whey protein isolate, a natural protein which raises GSH levels. After five days his headaches were gone. Within two weeks his fatigue had lessened.

Two months later Wally was walking well again and was eventually able to visit the new Angels baseball stadium, Edison Field, and jog around the block. There was no other therapeutic intervention and seven months later his active lifestyle continued.

Case #2

62 year-old Carol maintained an active legal practice until 1990. After a diagnosis of Parkinson's disease in 1986, she was able for a while to continue her career as a lawyer, but eventually had to quit.

The stress was aggravating her symptoms and the symptoms were in turn increasing her stress levels. She was treated with a number of different medications but her health continued to deteriorate until she eventually needed help at home to carry out day-to-day tasks.

She quit driving her car and stopped taking her daily walks, which she loved. Then,within days of starting to take a bioactive whey protein isolate she noticed her strength returning. Weeks afterwards she was once more exploring her neighborhood and nine months later she was driving again.

Case #3

TESTIMONY of OPAL FAIRCHLD with PARKINSON & ALZHEIMERS by Barbara Fairchild Morris, her daughter

My mother, Opal Fairchild, has been in a nursing home for two and half years. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease ten years ago. She also has Parkinson's that has progressed over the years. Mother had reached the point were she was totally incontinent, no longer knew any of us except occasionally she'd recognize my dad.

They had put a feeding tube in her stomach because she was no longer eating enough to keep her alive. She stared into space with an empty look in her eyes and no longer walked. Mother had lost so much weight; she was just a shadow of her former self.

Mother had two major surgeries this year. One the end of March and the other in May. She was already mentally, emotionally and physically emaciated. This made it a difficult case and I didn't see how she could endure any more suffering. We began to give her a bioactive whey protein isolate(two packs a day) as soon as she was out of the hospital, in May of 2003.

Dr. Lawson wrote an order for it so they could give it to her in the nursing home. It doesn't require a prescription but since mom is in a nursing facility they did need the doctor's order to give it to her. About two months ago we increased mom's whey protein to three packs a day and it really made a big difference.

We're going to keep giving her three for awhile since we're seeing such great results. The three packs are only costing us $6.00 a day.

The shaking in her chin from the Parkinson's disease had progressed to a jerking that caused her whole head to jerk for hours at a time. It was heartbreaking to witness someone you love so much going through such a terrible thing, but in about two months after she began taking the whey protein we began to see a significant difference in the Parkinson's disease. Then we witnessed gradual improvement in mother in other areas of her condition.

Oct 1st, 2003 I went to Arkansas to stay the weekend with my sister, Bernice Arnold. We brought mom home from the nursing home for the weekend. We were able to give her all our attention and lots of love and care. It was wonderful to be with her.

They had carefully packaged mother's medications with instructions for us to give her. We noticed that when we administered them to her she would have terrible reactions in about 30 to 40 minutes afterwards.

I had to return home to Branson Monday morning. My sister and our brother, Charles, took mother to her doctor. They explained the reactions mother was experiencing to the medications. In this case he took her off everything but three prescriptions.

My sister decided to keep mother a couple more days before returning her to the nursing home. Monday night I called to see how she was doing, as I do every night. Bernice said, "would you like to talk to her?" I said, "sure" expecting to hear mother trying to talk to me, but not very easy to understand.

I was shocked at the voice on the other end of the line. I haven't heard mother talk that clearly in at least 2 years and she understood everything we talked about. It was just a normal conversation between a mother and her daughter. It was such a blessing. I learned from my sister that before I called, Mother had been on the phone with two of her sisters and talked for a long time with each of them. As I'm writing this my eyes are so filled with tears I can't see because of the joy I feel to have my mom back.

Mother is 80 years old and she still has a long way to go but she's making the nurses laugh in the home. She's going back into the room where all the folks have their meals and socialize. She's eating great!

Bernice said the only time she doesn't talk plainly is if she's had her medication: She said they were laughing last night because Mom said, "her tongue felt thick and her mouth wouldn't work," after taking the medications.

This case has had a great result.


Parkinsonís disease is characterized by a loss of the brain cells that regulate Dopamine. Significant evidence points to the role of oxidative stress and low glutathione levels as critical contributing causes of this damage.

Case studies have demonstrated that protecting these cells from damage and death by raising glutathione levels can succeed both in the laboratory and in patients and is a welcome addition to conventional medical treatments.

Contact Us with any questions you have, or to receive the information on where to purchase this product. Make an informed decision and get on your 'Whey to Wellness.'

To learn more about this bioactive whey protein isolate click on case this will lead you to pages that will give you more information.

We expect to add some more case studies to this page soon.

To top of page

footer for Case Studies page